This is my favorite Lentil Soup Recipe. It’s easy, fun and one of the healthiest meals I’ve found. I enjoy it best with fresh ingredients from our garden.
Lentil Soup Ingredients
- 1 Large Onion
- 2-3 Garlic cloves
- Bunch of Carrots
- 1 Cup French Lentils*
- 2 Cups Water
- Tbspn Coconut Oil
- Fresh or Dried Herbs. Oregano, Basil, Thyme, Rosemary
How to cook Lentil Soup
- Sautee the onion in Coconut Oil for 5 minutes.
- Add Herbs & Garlic to Sauteed Onions.
- Chop Carrots, Celery.
- Rinse Lentils.
- Add Everything to the crock pot or large soup pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Drop to low and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
I’ve had a few friends ask where I get my Organic food? Well, most is from the garden! However, when it comes to many of the spices and dried foods, I get ingredients like the organic french blue lentils from Organic Matters